Friday, August 21, 2015

Blog update

Howdy.

In my first post, I mentioned I would use this blog to record my own random acts of service.  Well, that's changed. haha. I mean I definitely will still do that, but don't you just love when Christmas time rolls around and those stories show up on Facebook about people leaving anonymous tips of like 100 bucks to some desperate waitress or someone randomly buying someone else's groceries when they can't afford it ?  I love those stories.  Absolutely love them.

So on this blog I am going to throw in a few stories of other acts of kindness that I hear about to supplement the journal keeping of the things I do on Wednesdays.  Right now, I do not plan on sharing this blog with anyone ha but if the day ever comes that I do, and you are actually reading this, then feel free to email me any story of random service that you would like me to post about.  Dagtw4@gmail.com. All stories are welcome.  I love reading and hearing all about them.

Part of my fascination with these kind of stories (especially the anonymous ones) is because of a religious belief of mine.  We read in Christian scripture about the ministering of angels.  We read about many miracles where angels have divinely intervened to bring about some great miracle.  We read about Joshua and Jericho, and Hagar and Ishmael all being aided by angels.

We are also told that angels have not stopped ministering to people today.

"Or have angels ceased to appear unto the children of men? Or has he withheld the power of the Holy Ghost from them? Or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man upon the face thereof to be saved?  I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore if these things have ceased... it is because of unbelief"

And the greatest part about this is that God uses everyday people to act as angels for us today.  We can be inspiration to act in good service for others.  Some of the stories that I share that are not my own wednesday adventures will be focused on everyday people who act as angels.  

im out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment